BassBox 6 Lite Update
When available, we offer free maintenance updates to users of BassBox Lite. "Maintenance updates" are minor revisions of the program and are identified by changing the last segment of the version number such as 6.0.1 to 6.0.2, etc. They are not version upgrades where the first segment of the version number changes such as 6.0.2 to 7.0.0. New versions must be purchased and discounts are available for prior customers.
Maintenance updates are intended only for users who have already installed BassBox Lite because they contain only the files necessary to update your existing copy of the program. If you have not yet installed BassBox Lite, then you should install your original copy from the installation disc you received when you purchased a license for the program. If you have not yet purchased a copy of BassBox Lite, then please visit our Purchase page.
We describe how to identify the version of your existing copy of BassBox Lite below.
Installing a BassBox Lite maintenance update involves the following steps:
- Download the updater by clicking on the "DOWNLOAD" button at the top of the right column of this webpage and click on the "Save" button of the File Download dialog. Select a temporary location on your hard drive to store the download file. Important: Do not click on the "Run" button of the File Download dialog until after the file has been saved to your hard drive. This is because the updater cannot be run over the internet. It must be run from your computer.
- After the updater file has been successfully saved to your computer it is now okay to click on the "Run" button of the File Download dialog. Before doing so, make sure that BassBox Lite is not running and its on-screen manual is not open. Then click on the "Run" button to launch the updater in the file your just downloaded. If you don't want to run it right away, you can double-click on the file later.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista users: After the updater is launched, a system message will appear stating: "An unidentified program wants access to your computer". Make sure that "bbl611m.exe" is listed and then click on the "Allow" button. The BassBox Lite updater should now run.
- The updater will search your computer for your copy of BassBox Lite and it will update it and/or its on-screen manual with the new one. It is normal for it to pause while it searches your computer's hard disk for the old version of the program. The larger your hard drive, the longer it can take. An error message will appear if it cannot locate an existing copy of BassBox Lite.
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista users: A few seconds after the updater has finished, another system message may appear stating "This program may not have installed correctly". As long as you did not receive an error message during the update, it should have been successful and you can click on the "This program installed correctly" button.
- Manually remove the link to the old BassBox Lite user manual from the Start menu. It should be located at "Start > All Programs > HT Audio". Right-click on the "BassBox 6 Lite On-Screen Manual" entry and select "Delete" from the pop-up menu. In the future, you can run the new on-screen manual from within BassBox Lite from its Help menu by clicking on the "F1" key while the program is running.
Notes: When you run the updater, you should use the same Windows user account with "administrator" priviledges as you used when you first installed the program. Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and Vista users: When you start the updater, you will be asked to confirm that you want to run the updater and, after it has completed, you will be asked to confirm that it functioned properly (described in Steps 3 and 5 above). You can determine this by checking the version number on the BassBox Lite title window as described below.
How to identify which version of BassBox Lite is installed on your computer
The easiest way to identify the version is to launch BassBox Lite. The version will be displayed in the upper left corner of the title window as shown below:
If the program is already running, you can select the "About BassBox Lite" command from the Help menu to display the title window.
If the program is not running, you can check the version with the Windows Explorer. Navigate to the folder where BassBox Lite is installed (the default path is "c:\Program Files\HT Audio"). Then right-click on the program file, "BassBox 6L.exe", and select "Properties" from the pop-up menu. (Note: Windows may not be configured to show file name extensions so you may see only "BassBox 6L" instead of "BassBox 6L.exe".) The "File Version" is listed at the top of the "Version" tab. The file date is labeled "Created:" and is located on the "General" tab.